Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Wind Storm


As most of you are aware we had one of the biggest wind storms Sunday that Ohio has ever seen in my lifetime. The power went out for us a little before 6pm and didn't return till around 2pm on Monday. We were extremely fortunate compared to so many others who are still without power. School was even closed for my kids on Monday because of it. Being without electric in today's day and age is something that I definitely wasn't use to. The kids melted down at about 7pm (that's right they only lasted an hour). I spent the rest of the evening trying to come up with things they could do by candle light, and keep them calm with the wind howling outside. They played board games, dominoes, and cards. It was good seeing them play together. It had been a long time. (They usually have different interests or choose to fight instead) Around 9:30 I started getting a little restless. The boys went out to the truck to listen to the football game on the radio, and Maddie and me found a battery powered radio that mainly got AM stations no FM (you heard me right). We got to stations an oldie country station and a jazz station. We listed to the jazz. We really enjoyed ourselves. It really clears your head when you can't make phone calls, can't do no cleaning, can't work on laundry or any other projects, no computer, no tv.....just family. I'm grateful that my power is up and working, but I'm glad it went out for a little while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOMETIMES TO HAVE LESS IN REALITY IT IS MORE. GOD HAS A WAY TO HELP US SEE WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT. YOU ARE SO RIGHT..FAMILY IS EVERYTHING.

Emily Jade said...

Aww...poor Chelle! I MISS YOU!!