Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Shoes


A good pair of shoes can make anyone feel like a princess. I strongly think my nieces feel the same way. My own daughter likes shoes based on comfort, and the appropriate shoe for whatever sport she is in. I wear most of my shoes based on comfort. However, I do own a pair based on looks alone. With fall approaching and a new job coming any day now (I can feel it) I needed some shoes for interviews, job, etc. So I ventured out to the buy one get one half off sale. I picked up FIVE pair of shoes and a pair of trouser socks for $34. I was more than proud of myself. Most of the shoes were comfortable heels. One pair stood out from the crowd my black heels (which I'll post a picture of as soon as I find my camera). I was excited about these heels so of course I showed them to my mother. She asked a question that now has me worried. She said are you sure those type of skinny heels can hold up a chubby girl? Now she used fancier words, but you get my point. I said of course they can, but after she left I started thinking about this. Is there a weight limit of shoes? I checked the box there was no warning labels. Most of the time I wear block heels, but what if the skinny heels won't hold a chubby girl. You know me, I will wear those shoes proudly and keep a back up pair close by.

No comments: