Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stuffed Animals


We recently watched a show called "Clean House" on Style network. The purpose of the show is to help families deal with cluttered homes. Anyhow one of their suggestions for children saying farewell to stuffed animals was to take a picture with the child and their stuffed animal before giving it away. Brandon really liked this idea. So when we cleaned his room. (And I say we because it was one of those times that he needed some help otherwise it wasn't going to get clean the way mommy needs it cleaned.) Besides every year before school I help the kids clean their room including closets to get ready for the new school year. Anyhow I'm getting off track here. I was very surprised how many stuffed animals he had, and how many he actually said farewell to. It was 11 years of stuffed animals that until now he couldn't let go of. Of course there were some that he wasn't going to part with, but nonetheless we've made progress.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

that's a great idea! I love to throw things away :) I may have to adopt the "clean the room" before school starts routine....

Anonymous said...

I AM VERY PROUD OF BRANDON..AND YOU.NOW THAT YOU HAVE THAT DONE,HOW'S THE 'SPARE' ROOM COMING?