Saturday, July 19, 2008

Then There Was Five

The first ever sleepover with all five of Wendy & my children together. The only child we were missing was Heather, but her being 20 and having a family of her own this is the closest we were going to get to having a sleepover with all the kids together. The kids did very very well. Maddie helped out a lot. Sierra and Bub did pretty well not to turn into their alter ego Bonnie and Clyde and plot any huge adventure that needed adult intervention. Sienna did awesome always keeping an extra close eye on Uncle Brian who she still doesn't like. Levi did awesome still playing away. When we were having dinner all the kids helped do something even little Levi was my taste checker, but the kids kept saying I want mommy's chicken. (Pooh brought down an extra chicken so we had two) Now mommy's chicken meant Pooh's kids wanted pooh's chicken, my kids wanted mine. So I cut the chicken in separate plates and gave each kid the chicken they wanted. And of course they then wanted to also try the others also. Sadly, and I do mean sadly they all loved Aunt Poohie's chicken the best. I want to be mature about this but come on they all like her chicken better. Really?!!!?? I say to Sienna, why do you like your mommy's chicken better? I expected to her a 4yr old answer. Here is what I got...."You chicken is too dry Aunt Shell"....WHAT!!! I didn't ask the older kids for their thoughts, I was too afraid. All in all the sleepover went good.













2 comments:

Wendy said...

I am sorry to hear about your chicken. Don't ever ask Sienna a question that you don't want an honest answer for.

Danielle said...

Thanks for the cheerleading memories...I'm not exactly sure I wasn't making fun of it either...oh the complicated feelings of a teenager girl! I have to say, my favorite memory of you is when we were really little and you used to do that thing with your hands when you get really excited...you know? Like Jazz hands? So funny! Did your kids inherit that?