Sunday, June 29, 2008

Surfing in Myrtle Beach




As usual I'm behind on my blog. Brandon and Sierra got to go to Myrtle Beach this year with Dad. Maddie had basketball and finals, and Sienna wasn't going unless she could take her mommy. They had a pretty good time, but they did get a little home sick later in the week. One thing I've always wanted to try was surfing so I was so excited that Brandon was able to get a chance to try this. They tried this on boogie boards which are a lot smaller than a surf board. They also look a lot easier because you are not standing up or anything. They appear to be something that the kids can have some fun with the waves with. Sierra's first board broke---the story involves Brandon having something to do with adding to the breaking of this board and Sierra getting a second one to finish out the trip with. The children also brought home hermit crabs in little fish tanks. I can't begin to tell you my level of happiness about that. All in all the trip made memories that the kids will have for a lifetime.

No comments: