Monday, March 9, 2009

Basketball Banquet





I know I'm making a lot of post today. Anyway last Monday was the basketball banquet for Maddie. They went undefeated two years in a row and two years in a row conference champions. So it was a big deal for the girls. All the parents were doing different things for the girls asking for a three dollar, five dollar, ten dollar donations for the gifts they were getting the girls. Times are hard yes, but I wanted to do something for the girls that wouldn't take asking for anymore donations, but wouldn't break the bank. So off to Pat Catans I went, I found these bears for less than a dollar with bendable arms and legs. Two spools of thicker ribbon 33 cents each, two gel pens to write on the ribbon without bleeding, a bag of basketball beads for $2, and one thin spool of ribbon for the headband again 33 cents. So for less than $20 me and Maddie made each girl, coach, and stat keeper a memorable bear with their name, number, and conference champions. Everyone loved them and kept asking where we got them done at. I was pleased. Another gift that I loved that one of the parents had done was a small photo album with pictures of the girls in it. A very nice keepsake for the girls.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm so proud of Madeline and you. You've brought a shy little girl into a strong young lady. Good Job girls!

Mammaw and Pappaw Payne said...

Michell and Mattie ray , good job girls keep it up ,chip off of the old block HA HA HA very proud of you. Mamaw and Papaw Payne,,,,lol lol